Work with us
PoliHub is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
We’re building the widest and most inclusive Deep Tech Accelerator in the European ecosystem.
PoliHub is the place to go for Deep Tech Innovators. We are venture builders on a mission support the creation of deep tech startups that will generate value for society and the economy, steering them towards a model of sustainable progress based on science and technology, by levering on Politecnico di Milano’s ecosystem. Over the next four years, we’ll contribute to the planet regeneration accelerating 24 Deep Tech startups proposing technological solution to make our word more sustainable and livable. We work hand in hand with top-notch Venture Capitals and leading corporates, giving access to startups to vast resources, infrastructure, and expertise.
We believe that People will travel in space and time, they will regenerate our planet, they will live to a hundred and twenty, they will use that other 90% of their brain, and we are here to make it happen.
To play a key role and have an impact in this new reality we set outrageously bold goals, and we want to work with changemakers who share our passion for pursuing transformation at scale.
At PoliHub, you will be constantly exposed to brilliant minded founders who share our beliefes and core values grounded on innovation and courage to take risks.
With an Innovation Park of 7.700 sqm teeming with startups and corporates, we are building the ultimate playground for ambitious, talented, and passionate team, ensuring a leading role in future agenda setting PoliHub.
The Venture Builder plays a key role in helping PoliHub achieve its vision of being the place to go for Innovators in Deep Tech. At the beginning of your journey you will learn how to identify high potential startups that fit with our community and then you will learn how to become a key driver for their success, leveraging on PoliHub network partners and resources.
The Venture Builder feels at ease dealing with different stakeholders and has a natural talent for bulding good relationship, he/she is driven by curiosity and constantly ispired by the passion for discovery, he/she is open minded and digs deep in order to evaluate hypothesis and identify the best scenarios.
The Venture Builder works closely with the founders in our Acceleration and Incubation Programs throughout the earliest stages of their journey, helping them to go through every phase and then supporting them in its execution. You will learn the PoliHub methodology and you will bring the know-how and best practices about what it takes for a startup to build a successful foundation – particularly at the most early pahases – and an approach to helping founders prioritise opportunities and needs.
The Venture Builder reports to and collaborates extensively with the Head of Acceleration, and act both on PoliHub side to ensure the delivery of the Programs and on the startup side as a coach to enable the achievement of milestones.
- Supporting entrepreneurs in designing and executing a strategy for achieving their vision and mission, providing them with hands-on execution and operations support in the earliest stages of their venture’s development
- Working closely with startups to diagnose strategic needs and identify solutions to key risk, roadblocks and challenges.
- identifying key metrics and strategies for achieving early traction for each startup, monitor progress and activate internal resources while needed by the startups.
- Participate actively in the selection process and provide structured feedback.
- Collaborating with our Investment team to support the creation of an investment narrative and funding strategy for all ventures
- Collaborating with our Corporate Team to define the fit with the Corporates innovation needs and strategy.
- Teaching experience and/or on crafting teaching material
- Collaborating with our Perks team to develop strategic partnership upon startups request basis.
- Supporting founders in executing on their commercial and investment strategies, leveraging your networks and relationships to unlock unfair competitive advantage and increase speed to market.
- Supporting founders in commercial discussions and with potential clients, partners, and investors.
- Assisting in the development of a network of investors and partners aligned to supporting the Program’s portfolio of startups.
- Research and analyze the market and industry trends to identify the best early-stage companies and founding teams.
- Identify and reach out to promising startups within the technology vertical and beyond.
- Willingness to recognize that everything you think you know about the previous points is nothing more than a pretext for learning a new
Required Skills and Experience
- Exposure to and knowledge of a range of disciplines core to the support PoliHub provides, including product, design, growth, business development, and investment
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams to deliver product or programs to market
- Ability to quickly context switch and create detailed, process-oriented approaches to managing multiple streams of work
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects and industry contacts
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Fluency both in Italian and English
Other soft skills and predispositions
- Great listening skills
- Ability to remain open in doubt
- Ability to prioritize questions over answers
- Ability to accept failure as a learning opportunity
- Scientific approach to solving puzzles
- Fact-based approach
- Data-driven approach
- Curiosity to delve into transdisciplinary aspects and willingness to move quickly, e.g. between deep-tech and cognitive psychology
Represent a Plus:
- Having launched a startup or failed at an initiative
- Knowledge of the challenges faced by early-stage startups, either as a founder, employee, or advisor
- Experience advising startups across a range of sectors, geographies, and business models
- A demonstrated track-record of helping founders move their businesses further, faster
This role is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a high-growth organization as part of the Accleration and Incubation Program team and to help shape the future of Italian startup ecosystem.
per mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.
Join our team
In PoliHub, we are looking for people who can work together, who look to the future, who share our mission of supporting the creation of startups and who have the same passion for innovation that energises the entire community.